Friday, July 9, 2010

Cookie Face-OFF

CHOCOLATE CRINKLES
BANANA OATMEAL COOKIES
Sometimes I bake... the other night after dinner I really wanted to bake some cookies. I couldn't decide between yummy/healthy cookies or sugary/chocolaty/fatteningly delicious cookies. So I made both!

Oddly enough, the healthy oatmeal cookies turned out to be a much bigger hit with my family. The chocolate crinkles are more bitter, like dark chocolate. I liked them because I love dark chocolate, so give them a try if you dare (Recipe from Real Simple).

But..... you should definitely try the yummy banana oatmeal chip cookies (Recipe from Carrots 'N' Cake). There were a few ingredients in this recipe that I didn't have on hand and definitely did not want to search for them in a grocery store so I substituted some:
AGAVE NECTAR = HONEY
SOY MILK = 1% MILK
CHOCOLATE CHIPS = RAISINS
I also didn't have flaxseed meal :( so I just trashed that and added some toasted WHEAT GERM.

Wheat Germ Benefits:
*B vitamins
*Calcium
*Comples carbs
*Fiber
*Iron
*Magnesium
*Manganese
*Omega-3 fatty acids
*Phosphorus
*Potassium
*Protein
*Selemium
*Vitamin E
*Zinc
As you can see, the benefits are endless and quite substantial! It is particularly high in Vitamin E with is great for the skin and has anti-aging properties. The secret to the fountain of youth:)

No comments:

Post a Comment