Friday, June 11, 2010

Fish for the Greek Gods

Sometimes I pretend I live on a Grecian Island in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea. I say "νόστιμα!", while I eat my fresh catch, because I like to pretend I can speak a foreign language. I'm sure Zeus and Hera ate this...
Serves 4

Ingredients

  • 2 cups sliced zucchini
  • Cooking spray
  • 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
  • chopped fresh or dried oregano
  • chopped fresh rosemary
  • 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
  • Salt and black pepper
  • 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
  • 1 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • crumbled feta cheese
  • 8 lemon slices

Preparation

Preheat oven to 450°

Arrange zucchini slices in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Place fish over zucchini; sprinkle fish evenly with oregano, rosemary, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Arrange bell peppers and onion over fish; drizzle with oil. Top with cheese and lemon slices. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Recipe inspired by: Oxmoor House

I'm getting really creative with tilapia, because 10 pounds of fish goes a LONG WAY. I have to say that I was extra pleased with how my dish turned out, I've made it 2 nights in a row!! Second time I would make a few adjustments.. Make sure to be extra generous with the feta and lemon juice. Citrus compliments the fish SO greatly and the way the cheese toasts in the oven is almost better than you know what.... S'mores.

No comments:

Post a Comment